Thursday, December 20, 2012

Message from outgoing President

Posted by Secretary General on 12/20/2012 12:21:00 PM with No comments

Farewell, AICEIA !

As I bid adieu  after a long and wonderful journey as part of the AICEIA, I am overwhelmed with mixed feelings. The elation of getting the first  promotion in my career after putting in more than two decades of service is matched only by the satisfaction of seeing that the  Association is in very safe hands of an able new Central Committee.  Partings are always painful, and so is mine with this Association. However, it is only because I am no longer an Inspector that I am technically not a member of the AICEIA, but the fact of the matter is that my heart and soul will always be with you all, and remote though is the possibility that such occasion will ever arise, it’s my solemn promise to you that I am just one call away if the cadre ever needs any service from me !

I want to share a few stray thoughts with you as I lay down office and hand over the baton to the new team AICEIA. Any Association derives all its strength from the cadre it represents. Active involvement of the rank and file of the organization in all its programmes,  a regular and meaningful two- way communication from the All India office bearers right to the grassroots level formations, a continuous membership drive to include all Inspectors of Central Excise in the AICEIA fold, enhancing  the  legal, intellectual and financial resources of this collective, and mobilization of all members across the length and breadth of this country to give  this robust  organization an even mightier shape are endeavours which I am sure the coming days will be witness to.
  
I exhort all members and especially the regional office bearers to extend wholehearted support to the Central Committee as they begin their tenure with the very difficult task of trying to ensure that this cadre gets its due after being denied what is right fully its for decades now. Cadre restructuring of the CBEC, our demand for upgradation of all Inspectors who have completed 8 years of service, problems in allowing Transfers of Inspectors from one Cadre Control Zone to another,  welfare of the cadre being more on paper than in practice, widening  regional disparities in promotions,  gross  continuing injustice of the Central Excise stream vis-à-vis the Customs side are all burning issues which  the new Committee will have to grapple with and try to get resolved as early as possible.  The Association needs effective and competent leadership at all levels. I don’t feel that it lacking today. What is vital however is the active participation and cooperation of all members in all Association activities and programmes, and a lot needs to be done in this direction. That alone can nurture and sustain any staff association.  It is worth remembering that any lethargy in participating in Association activities would be detrimental to their own interests in future.

 I am certain that more and more younger Inspectors will not only  play an active role in the days to come but will soon assume leadership of the Association and ensure a glorious future for the cadre. 

From the bottom of my heart I thank each and every Inspector of Central Excise across the country, the CEC and Convention Delegates,  my comrades in the  outgoing  Committee,  the new Committee which has taken charge and finally and more importantly all the former leaders who had struggled to have a platform like this, for all the love they have showered me with  during my tenure as President of this magnificent Association. It has indeed been a privilege which I shall cherish forever.

Farewell. Best Wishes. Always!

K P Manoj 

0 comments: